What is this?
This service provides a review of the logical architecture and design for a specific application being developed by the customer. This process incorporates the best practices pertaining to the evolution of software architecture and design. The following sections provide an overview of the activities involved.
Architecture is central for the development of a robust system. A good architecture reduces rework thus saving cost and enhancing productivity. The software architecture indeed directs the development of the system. It also plays a crucial part in change management and maintenance of the system after delivery. The impact analysis is derived from the architectural perspective. This leads to smoother change implementation and maintenance.
Who can benefit out of this?
Both stakeholders and developers are benefited. Stakeholders get a clear structure of what is being developed, especially when they are developing products. The software architecture helps them identify reusable assets. Those stakeholders who acquire developed system or outsource the development of the system are also benefited as a good architecture provides a basis for evolving the system further. Outsourcing the future evolution is also made simple by the architecture.
Having well defined and managed software architecture helps the architect and designers identify reusable services and architectural components such as design patterns and frameworks. This, in turn, leads to reduced cost, enhanced productivity and good quality. Evolving future generations of these applications is made easier by these reusable assets.
What are the different models we offer?
Astra Infotech offers the following services with respect to software architecture:
- Training : This is a three day’s program imparting the basics software architecture and analysis.
- Consulting : This service facilitates the architects in evolving and analyzing the architecture. Our consultants work along with the architects in establishing the appropriate methodology that helps the customers document the architecture and analyze it appropriately.
- Quickstart : This is a combination of training and consulting. The methodology is imparted in a short time with the hands-on being done on the project itself. This provides the shortest path to implement the methodology, ideally suited for small teams and projects.
What is the normal working model?
- Trainings are imparted onsite with our trainers directly interacting with the project team
- Consulting is either done wholly onsite or using an onsite-offshore model. Part of the documentation activities could be done offshore. This offers cost effective model for the customers.