What is this?
This service helps customers implement the best practices in the area of requirements management. The activities in this service implement the activities of the Requirements Management discipline of the Rational Unified Process (RUP) after suitably configuring them to suit to the customer's needs.
Requirements provide the bridge between the stakeholders and the developers of the proposed system. It is essential that the requirements be specified correctly and managed effectively to fulfill the stakeholders expectations as well as pave way for the smooth progress of the project.
Who can benefit out of this?
Both stakeholders and developers are benefited. Stakeholders get a clear vision of what is being developed. Those stakeholders who acquire developed system or outsource the development of the system are especially benefited as requirements form the contract between the stakeholder and the vendor. Having well defined and managed requirements help the developers reduce the rework. This, in turn, leads to reduced cost, enhanced productivity and good quality.
What are the different models we offer?
Astra Infotech offers the following services with respect to requirements management:
- Training : This is a three days program imparting the requirements management methodology with hands-on practical sessions
- Consulting : This service helps implement the requirements management methodology. Our consultants work along with the system analysts in establishing the appropriate methodology for the team.
- Quickstart : This is a combination of training and consulting. The methodology is imparted in a short time with the hands-on being done on the project itself. This provides the shortest path to implement the methodology, ideally suited for small teams and projects.
What is the normal working model?
- Trainings are imparted onsite with our trainers directly interacting with the project team
- Consulting is either done wholly onsite or using an onsite-offshore model. Part of the documentation activities could be done offshore. This offers cost effective model for the customers.