What is this?
This service facilitates the customers to model the business processes for which software systems are being developed. The activities in this service implement the activities of the Business Modeling discipline of the Rational Unified Process (RUP) after suitably configuring them to suit to the customer's needs.
Most of the software applications automate some or other business processes. A good understanding of these business processes is essential to identify the scope of the application, evolve the software requirements and derive the software architecture.
Who can benefit out of this?
Both stakeholders and developers are benefited. Stakeholders get a clear vision of what is being developed, especially when they are developing products. Those stakeholders who acquire developed system or outsource the development of the system are also benefited as a clear business process model provides a basis for developing the application or product. The models form the contract between the stakeholder and the vendor.
Having well defined and managed business process models help the analysts identify reusable services and business components. They also facilitate the software architects in evolving appropriate architectural elements thus paving way for a robust system that eliminates the waste due to rework. This, in turn, leads to reduced cost, enhanced productivity and good quality.
What are the different models we offer?
Astra Infotech offers the following services with respect to business process modeling:
- Training : This is a day's program imparting the basics of business process modeling using UML.
- Consulting : This service helps implement the business process modeling. Our consultants work along with the system analysts in establishing the appropriate methodology that helps the customers document the business processes as models.
- Quickstart : This is a combination of training and consulting. The methodology is imparted in a short time with the hands-on being done on the project itself. This provides the shortest path to implement the methodology, ideally suited for small teams and projects.
What is the normal working model?
- Trainings are imparted onsite with our trainers directly interacting with the project team
- Consulting is either done wholly onsite or using an onsite-offshore model. Part of the documentation activities could be done offshore. This offers cost effective model for the customers.