What is this?
This service provides a review of the logical structure of the system for a specific application being developed by the customer starting from requirements analysis. This process incorporates the best practices pertaining to the evolution analysis and design. The following sections provide an overview of the activities involved.
A logical design is essential for the development of a robust system. This design should follow the architecture to be effective. A logical design helps the team move forward without rework thus saving cost and enhancing productivity. The logical structure is independent of technology and caters to the functional and non-functional requirements. It helps the team in implementing the logical structure on a specific technology. What is more, the logical design easily facilitates the porting of applications to another platform or technology. The impact analysis is also facilitated by the logical structure leading to smoother change implementation and maintenance.
Who can benefit out of this?
Both stakeholders and developers are benefited. Stakeholders get a clear structure of what is being developed, especially when they are developing products. The logical design structure helps them identify reusable assets. Those stakeholders who acquire developed system or outsource the development of the system are also benefited as the logical structure provides a basis for evolving the system further or porting it to another platform. Outsourcing the future evolution is also made simple by the logical structure.
Having well defined and managed structure helps the architect and designers identify reusable components such as design patterns and frameworks. This, in turn, leads to reduced cost, enhanced productivity and good quality. Evolving future generations of these applications is made easier by these reusable assets.
What are the different models we offer?Astra Infotech offers the following services with respect to Analysis and design:
- Training: This is a four day's program imparting the basics of analysis and design.
- Consulting: This service facilitates the designers in evolving and analyzing the design. Our consultants work along with the designers in establishing the appropriate methodology that helps the customers document the design as a series of models.
- Quickstart: This is a combination of training and consulting. The methodology is imparted in a short time with the hands-on being done on the project itself. This provides the shortest path to implement the methodology, ideally suited for small teams and projects.
What is the normal working model?
- Trainings are imparted onsite with our trainers directly interacting with the project team
- Consulting is either done wholly onsite or using an onsite-offshore model. Part of the documentation activities could be done offshore. This offers cost effective